Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blue Ridge Parkway {Mountain Trip Day Four}

Back in October, I traveled through the Appalachian Mountains with three other sweet ladies on a photography adventure. On our fourth day of the trip, we left Christiansburg, Virginia and journeyed south on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

{To read about the first three days of this trip click here: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3}

It was chilly and the wind was wild at the overlooks along the parkway.

Those are not birds scattered across the top of this pictures, they're leaves. I told you the wind was wild!


I have a lot of pictures of roads from this day. I wonder if they make medication for that problem.





I love all the tiny little cabins along the parkway too. I think it would be so neat to live way back when, before laptops and cell phones. Then again... maybe not. :)





More roads. See? I warned you - it's a problem.




I have a thing for fancy country churches too.


We drove across the Linn Cove Viaduct but I wasn't able to get any good pictures of it. I snapped this picture on my cell phone inside the visitor center.


When we arrived in Maggie Valley, NC we ate supper at a cool restaurant called J. Arthurs.

The place was all decked out with fall decor and I thought this maple Christmas tree was so cute and clever!


I had a hamburger and baked potato and it was soo delicious!


My room for the night in Maggie Valley.


I hope you will come back tomorrow to read all about the last day of my five day trip. We visited Cataloochee Valley in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and I think it was my favorite day of the trip despite the rain!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment